Abstract submissions for Medical Students is open; abstracts must meet the following criteria in order to eligible for selection and presentation at the BOA Congress:
- You must be a current Medical Student
- The work needs to have been completed whilst a Medical Student
- The work must not have been previously published
- The presenting author must have contributed significantly to the work
- Case reports will not be accepted.
Papers will be presented on Friday 22nd September at the BOA Congress as part of the Medical Student’s session. The highest scoring Paper will be awarded the BOA Student Paper Prize.
Abstract Style Guide
Your completed abstract (not including title and authors details) must not exceed 300 words, and should include:
- Title of abstract (maximum 50 words)
- Names of presenter and co-authors. Please include details of all authors
- Background: What was the context for the study? Why was it important that this project was undertaken?
- Methods: What principles, methods/methodological approaches, and materials did the project involve?
- Results: Summarise the main finding from the analysis
- Conclusion(s): What can be concluded from the study? What are the suggestions for future work?
- Implications: What are the implications of the project and how will the results be translation into practice/management/education/policy.
- Standard font of Calibri 11, single line spacing, no idents
- Submitting authors are responsible for ensuring spelling, grammar and terminology is accurate
- No images or other graphics.