|Hip Surgery (incl. Infection)||Trauma|
|Spinal Surgery||Basic Science|
|Innovation in Simulation and Education||Foot and Ankle Surgery|
|Sports Trauma||Hand Surgery|
|Physiotherapy/Rehabilitation (ATOCP)||Quality Improvement|
|Knee Surgery (incl. Infection)||General Orthopaedics|
|Shoulder and Elbow Surgery||Tumours (incl. Infection)|
Abstract Style Guide
Each submission must be made electronically via the BOA Congress website. All correspondence will be with the person who submits the abstract online. The presenting author should be identified by underlining.
The online submission form will provide restricted space for data entry to limit the word count. To assist you in preparing your submission an indication of the maximum word count for each section is provided. Submissions must include costings and images of the simulator.
- Abstract Category i.e. Simulation
- Title of abstract [maximum 50 words]
- Names of presenter and co-authors. Contact details of ALL authors to include:
- full name, organisation/institution, city and country, as you would wish it to appear in the completed programme, e-mail, work telephone, mailing address for the submitter and presenting author
- The completed abstract (background, methods, results, costs, conclusion, photos of simulator/simulation) [maximum 300 words]
- Standard font of Calibri 11, single line spacing, no indents
- Submitting authors are responsible for ensuring spelling, grammar, terminology is accurate and all sections (including costs and photos) are included
BOA Young Investigator Award
The BOA Young Investigator’s Award is open to BOA Fellows under the age of 45. The top scoring abstracts will be presented and judged in the BOA Young Investigator session during the Congress.
Please note abstracts will be allocated to the most appropriate session at the Congress as the programme is developed.
Innovation in Simulation and Education
Submissions for Innovation in Simulation and Education
At the BOA Centenary Congress in September 2019 there will be a prize for best Simulation Free Paper. This may be on any simulation topic and must be submitted via the BOA Congress abstract submission process, following the style guide below. All abstracts selected for podium presentation in the Simulation Free Papers session of Congress will be eligible. Presentations will be judged during the session and the winner announced at the BOA Awards and Medals session during the Congress.